Create your own salt art with homemade glitter salt!
How to make Glitter Salt:
- Mix a few drops of food colouring with 1 tablespoon of salt. Stir well to make sure that the salt is evenly coloured.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for 1 minute, to dry it out. (Or spread the salt out on paper to air-dry for one or two hours).
Glitter Salt Ideas:
- Pour salt into a tray and let kids swirl their fingers in it to make patterns and pictures. Shake the tray to begin again!
- Apply glue to paper and sprinkle the salt onto it like glitter. Carefully shake off the excess salt.
- Make several colours of salt and make salt art pictures (with or without glue).
50+ Ideas & Resources to Help Your Family Grow in Love