Hi Beautiful Mum! 🙂 Hey Beautiful Mom!
I’m so glad to have you visit.
Do you love your kids…but sometimes struggle as a mum?
Do you want more of Jesus…but sometimes find it hard to meet him in the midst of motherhood?
Are you in need of some encouragement?
Welcome! You’re in the right place.
My name’s Joanna. I have a wonderful husband, and four lovely kids (ages 18, 17, 14 and 12).
It’s my heart and passion to encourage and inspire mums (and moms).
It’s my heart to meet with God in the midst of being a mum and wife, and help you do the same.
It’s my heart to see YOU set free into all that God has for you, as a woman, as a mum, and as a precious daughter of God.
I share my struggles:
Like the time I got so angry I threw a potato at my husband, the time I broke down (emotionally) in a car park, and the many times I’ve come to an end of myself caring for my children.
I share God’s goodness:
I share practical and spiritual helps I’ve learned, and am learning, along the way:
Fun and simple activities I’ve enjoyed with my kids (especially when we lived in Bosnia post-war and had to devise our own amusements), the 110 books my boys most enjoy, and lots and lots of ways to stay close to God as a mum.
I share free resources to help and encourage you:
For more information, and to see ALL my free resources, click here.
Maybe you’d like to know a little more about me?
Well, here’s a kind of random list!
1. I’ve homeschooled all my kids at one time or another.
2. I love Malaysian food. (My husband’s from Malaysia. I love him too!)
3. I’m from England, but have lived in nine different countries, and visited many others.
4. Previously I taught English as a foreign language, and was a librarian.
5. Our two female rabbits had babies! Lots of them.
6. I’ve taught Sunday school for as long as I’ve had kids. (Actually, now’s the first time I’m having a break.)
7. I climbed Mt Kinabalu (highest mountain in S.E. Asia) two times, many years ago!
8. I ran long distance for my school and came first; I ran for the county and came last!
9. I overflow with ideas, often in the early hours of the morning.
10. I am taller than my husband.
11. Three years ago I knew nothing about blogging or creating a website. I’ve learned a lot.
12. I like ‘to do’ lists, and add to them retrospectively so that I can cross items off!
13. Mums.Kids.Jesus began life in 2003 as an email attachment sent out to friends. This site launched in June 2015. You can read my launch welcome post here.
15. You can see my first ever attempts at videoing myself in my new online Knowing God video series.
16. God is my Father. Jesus is my saviour. The Holy Spirit is my friend. Loving Father, precious saviour, best friend, kind of all wrapped up in one!
I’d love to know a little about you too!
Tell me a little about yourself and your kids. What are your struggles as a mum? What are your joys?
Leave a comment below, or
Email me at: joanna (at) mumskidsjesus (dot) com
So good to have you here!