I’d gone to bed tired and weary, at the end of my 3rd pregnancy, wondering, ‘When is this baby coming?’
I opened my Bible and my eyes fell on this verse:
“Before the midwife can get there, they’ve already had the baby.” Exodus 1:19, The Message Translation
I laughed. God sure knows how to speak! God knew exactly how I was feeling and his sense of humour cheered me up and reassured me!
Well, our Sam didn’t arrive quite that quickly, thankfully! He was born 2 days later, and I had plenty of time to get to the hospital!
I write out the ones that are most meaningful to me, read them, speak them out, and pray them for myself and baby. They build faith for an easy pregnancy and birth, and a healthy happy baby.
There were some weeks in my pregnancies, especially at the end, when I would pray these verses out every night when I went to bed.
You can use the verses below. Look them up, write out the ones that speak to you, and meditate on them.
Or, to save you looking them all up, I have a little gift for you: my Pregnancy Prayer Cards, a free printable with all the verses on ready-to-use cards, with ideas for use. Download them here!
Pregnancy Prayer Verses:
Your baby is chosen and created by God
Psalm 139:13-16, Revelation 4:11, Ephesians 2:10, Jeremiah 1:5, Ecclesiastes 11:5, Isaiah 43:7, Job 10:8a and v12
Your baby is blessed and will be a blessing
Psalm 127:3-5, Psalm 128:3-4, Deuteronomy 7:13-14, Deuteronomy 28:4, Luke 1:42, Proverbs 20:7, Psalms 113:9
You can be set free from fear in pregnancy and birth
2 Timothy 1:7, Proverbs 3:24, John 10:10, John 14:27, Romans 10:17, Philippians 1:6, Philippians 4:6-7, Isaiah 54:17, Isaiah 26:3, 1 John 4:18, Exodus 23:25-26, Deuteronomy 7:13-15
You can have an easy pregnancy and birth. You are redeemed from the curse of sickness and pain.
Isaiah 53:4-5, Galatians 3:13-14,29, Matthew 8:17, Psalm 103:1-4, 1 Timothy 2:15 (‘saved’ – kept safe & sound), Isaiah 66:7-10, Exodus 1:19, Philippians 4:13, Luke 1:37, Deuteronomy 7:13-15
God is faithful.
1 John 5:14-15, Hebrews 10:23
Other things to pray:
- Baby in the womb – for each part of the body to form perfectly.
- Cut baby free from any hereditary diseases ie eczema, asthma, bad eyesight etc.
- Bless the baby – tell him/her they are loved and wanted.
- Pray for a content baby who sleeps & feeds well, and who has a spirit tender and receptive to God.
- For baby to get into the correct position for birth.
- Delivery – peace, joy, quick and easy, no pain, no complications.
- Older children to be excited about baby coming, and able to adjust to baby’s arrival.
- And everything else you can think of!!!
‘cast all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.’ 1 Peter 5: 7
50+ Ideas & Resources to Help Your Family Grow in Love