Do you …
… struggle to read your Bible consistently?
… open your Bible to any random page, read a few verses, and put it down again (and forget what you’ve read)?
… even know where your Bible is?
Ha! You’re not alone!
For years (and years and years) I’ve struggled to read my Bible in any systematic or meaningful way. I start Bible reading schemes, and have seasons of closeness with God through His word, but all too often revert to the random page approach!
A few months ago I remembered a Bible reading scheme I used as a teenager, gave it a redesign to make it look pretty, and have been reading my Bible much more consistently since – and finding amazing life in God’s word, which is wonderful!
Welcome to the Bible-At-Your-Own-Pace Reading Plan!Download the Bible-At-Your-Own-Pace Reading Plan here!
This flexible Bible reading scheme allows you to read as many (or as few) chapters of the Bible as you want each day, from different books of the Bible, all while being able to track your progress, and read through the whole Bible – at your own pace.
Reading from different parts of the Bible every day adds variety, and the different parts of the Bible provide commentary on each other, and allow God to speak through His word as a whole.
Undated Bible reading charts allow you to miss days without feeling bad!
How to use the Bible-At-Your-Own-Pace Reading Plan!
- Download the Bible-At-Your-Own-Pace Reading Plan here!
- Choose three books of the Bible. Your choice! I like to choose two from the Old Testament, and one from the New Testament.
- Write the book names in the open spaces of your Bible reading chart.
- Write the chapter numbers in the smaller squares of the Bible reading chart. Once all the chapters of a book are written, start a new book.
- Read as many chapters as you want each day. I usually read three chapters – one from each book I’ve chosen.
- Mark off the chapters (and books) as you finish them.
- Celebrate! You have a plan to read your Bible consistently, and at your own pace!
God’s word is living and active. I pray it transforms your life!Download the Bible-At-Your-Own-Pace Reading Plan here!
Leave a Reply