Yes, it’s true! You can make amazing ice cream in just 5 minutes! And no need for an ice cream machine.
We love this simple recipe!
You will need:
- 200 ml double or whipping cream (fridge cold)
- 250 g frozen fruit
- 50 g icing sugar
- a food processor with blade
How to make:
Put the frozen fruit into the food processor. Add the icing sugar. Lightly blend the fruit until it begins to break up (a few seconds). With the machine still running, pour the cream into the fruit. The mixture will begin to thicken. Turn the machine off once the mixture is the consistency of ice cream. Be careful not to blend too long – it will start to become runny!
Eat immediately! Or put in the freezer for later. Yum!
Use pre-packaged frozen fruit such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries or cherries for the quickest, easiest results. Our favourite is raspberries!
Alternatively you can freeze your own fruit, and try all sorts of fruits and combinations. When using larger fruit, such as strawberries, peaches, apricot, mango or banana, cut them into smaller pieces before freezing. And lay them out flat to freeze, so that they don’t just end up in one solid lump!
- Use yoghurt instead of cream – something we have yet to try – we love the creamy version so much!
- Blend for longer to make a thick creamy fruity milkshake.
- Use combinations of fruit or add some flavouring. How about some mint, chocolate chips or vanilla?
Do leave a comment with your favourite fruits and flavours to use!
50+ Ideas & Resources to Help Your Family Grow in Love