When we lived in Bosnia, we had to devise a lot of our own amusements using simple household objects. I never realised what fun clothes pegs could be! Here are some of the things we discovered we could do with them.
- Sort them into colours.
- Post them into old food boxes or bottles.
- Peg them onto curtains, the table cloth, a sheet thrown over a chair, a cardboard box. Un-peg them!
- Peg them onto the clothes or hair of a willing volunteer (you!).
- Use a stopwatch to see who can peg/un-peg the fastest.
- Race to see who can peg/un-peg their pile of pegs the quickest.
- Hide a clothes peg. Children have to find it. Say when they are warm/cold.
- Clip pegs together to make objects.
- Make road layouts with them.
- Play Collect a Peg and Clothes Peg Chase
50+ Ideas & Resources to Help Your Family Grow in Love